- Finds the best matching shaper for a font for a particular language tag and character point.
Returns a description of the font.
- Returns: a newly-allocated Pango::FontDescription object.
Computes the coverage map for a given font and language tag.
- Returns: self
- Gets the logical and ink extents of a glyph within a font. The coordinate system for each rectangle has its origin at the base line and horizontal origin of the character with increasing coordinates extending to the right and down. The macros Pango::Rectangle#ascent, Pango::Rectangle#descent, Pango::Rectangle#lbearing and Pango::Rectangle#rbearing can be used to convert from the extents rectangle to more traditional font metrics. The units of the rectangles are in 1/Pango::SCALE of a device unit.
metrics(language = nil)
Gets overall metric information for a font. Since the metrics may be substantially different for different scripts, a language tag can be provided to indicate that the metrics should be retrieved that correspond to the script(s) used by that language.
- language: language tag used to determine which script to get the metrics for, or nil to indicate to get the metrics for the entire font.
- Returns: a Pango::FontMetrics object.
Gets the font map for which the font was created. Since 1.9
- Returns: the Pango::FontMap for the font