Posted by kou on 2008-09-07 (Sun) 08:20:04
Ruby-GNOME2 0.17.0 is out. Enjoy!
- Support Ruby 1.8.7.
- Support GLib 2.14 and 2.16.
- Partially support GTK+ 2.12.
- GStreamer 0.10.x support is merged.
- Improve main loop polling.
Thanks to all the people who contributed in some way to this release:
- Masao Mutoh
- Joachim Glauche
- Kazuhiro NISHIYAMA
- Kouhei Sutou
- Kero van Gelder
- Masahiro Sakai
- Detlef Reichl
- Guillaume Cottenceau
- Masahiro Sakai
- Mikael Hallendal
- Carlo E. Prelz
- Sjoerd Simons
- Juergen Mangler
- Dirk von Schmieden
- Mathieu Blondel
- Joseph Method
- Masayuki Yamaguchi
- Neil Roberts
- Cesare Tirabassi
- Arnaud Cornet
And also special thanks to all other contributors not listed above!
- Bound functions defined since 2.14 and 2.16.
- Improved main loop polling. **
Improved callback handling from non Ruby thread. **
This changes breaks API. Sjoerd, you need to call rbgutil_start_callback_dispatch_thread() in your GStreamer bindings. Sorry.
Supported convenience GEnum and GFlags notation. e.g.:
GLib::UTF8.normalize(utf8, GLib::NormalizeMode::NFD) -> GLib::UTF8.normalize(utf8, :nfd) key_file.load_from_data(data, GLib::KeyFile::KEEP_COMMENTS | GLib::KeyFile::KEEP_TRANSLATIONS) -> key_file.load_from_data(data, [:keep_contents, :keep_translations])
- Fixed locale dependent constant name computation. [#1901843] [Kouhei Sutou]
- [#2060606] Crash when removing ruby applet from gnome panel with 0.7rc1 [Kouhei Sutou]
- [#2043970] Pango::FontDescription#weight= seg fault [Kouhei Sutou]
- partially support new symbols in 2.12 (Gtk::RecentAction, Gtk::TextBuffer, Gdk::Display, Gtk::TreeViewColumn, Gtk::Stock, Gtk::Widget, Gtk::ScaleButton, Gtk::TreeView, Gtk::VolumneButton?, Gtk::Tooptip? and Gtk::TextMark only).
- [#2025651] FTBFS with gtk+ 2.13.5 [Cesare Tirabassi, Kouhei Sutou]
- [#2043970] Segfaults on 64-bit Linux [Neil Roberts, Kouhei Sutou]
- Ruby/GStreamer: Worked with GStreamer >= 0.10.x but isn't completed yet.
- Supported poppler-glib 0.6.x and 0.8.0. [Kouhei Sutou]
- Ruby-GNOME2 can be built with ruby 1.9.0 but doesn't work well without [ruby-dev:34104] patch.
- Some extconf.rb improvements
- Many other changes, GC bugs, Segfault fixes. See corresponding ChangeLog for detailed information on changes and contributors.